Fusidic Cream is used to treat certain skin diseases. This medication works by stopping the growth of certain bacteria and reduces redness, itching, swelling and crusting of the skin sores. It is a combination of an antibiotic and corticosteroid. Fusidic cream does not provide results on other infections such as viral or fungal infections.
How and When to Use Fusidic Cream?
- For the better results, you should apply fusidic cream or ointment 3 or 4 times a day.
- Consult with the doctor, usually, the doctors provide cream as it is more effective.
- Before using the medication always wash your hands.
- Apply a thin layer of cream onto the infected area and gently rub it in.
- Keep a distance between your eyes and hands while applying the medication.
Some Side Effects of Fusidic Cream
Very few people get the adverse effects of the cream. If you are one of them then soon consult with the doctor.
- Skin irritation
Advantages of this Medication
- Possesses antibacterial, antimicrobial properties
- Highly active against both MSSA & MRSA isolates of Staphylococcus
- Compared with the other classes, fusidic acid shows exceptionally good skin penetration through both intact and damaged skin, enabling it to reach antibacterial concentrations at the site of infection
- The incidence of adverse events and allergic reactions to fusidic acid is low.